spring fling has begun by Ciara O'Neal
WELCOME BACK TO A BRAND-NEW YEAR OF FUN! DURING SPRING, WE MEET SO MANY NEW FACES AND RECONNECT WITH OUR KIDLIT FAMILY. WE CHERISH THIS TIME WHERE OUR COMMUNITY BLOSSOMS. KAITLYN AND I HOPE THAT YOU ENJOY CONNECTING, WRITING, AND SHARING FUNNY GIFS AS MUCH AS WE DO.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR STORIES IN THE FORM BELOW. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE BE SURE TO READ OVER THE RULES FIRST BEFORE SENDING AN EMAIL OUR WAY PRETTY PLEASE.
FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR STORY IN THE COMMENTS BELOW. AND PLEASE CHEER YOUR FOR YOUR FELLOW WRITERS. BEST OF LUCK!
PLEASE NOTE THAT SOMETIMES THE FORM MAY TAKE A WHILE TO UPLOAD YOUR ENTRY. IF YOU DON'T SEE IT, TRY REFRESHING YOUR BROWSER BEFORE EMAILING. :)
That's right!!! It is our favorite time of year, Spring!
Kaitlyn and I are so excited to host Springflingkidlit 2023.
It's time get to typing, scribbling, daydreaming, and celebrating a gorgeous time of year.
Below you will find our rules. You can also find more information, examples, prizes, and more by clicking here.
Spring Fling Rules
1. Your story should be geared towards kids ages 12 or under.
2. Choose a gif to inspire your story. be sure to share where you found your wonderful gif. (The website or if you created it yourself!)
3. All gifs should be child appropriate and in no way be derogatory towards any faith, race, etc.
4. Now for the dreaded word count! You have 150 words. That’s it! No more but less is always welcome.
(Your title is not included in the word count.)
5. No illustration notes pretty please.
6. Your gif should be the only visual with your story.
7. The Spring Fling contest officially begins on Saturday April 1st and closes April 3rd, post your gif and story on your blog.
8. on April 1st, we will post a google for on this blog. Fill out the form, paste your blog website and story, and you my friend, will be entered!
9. Deadline for posting your story or the link to your story is April 3rd at 11:59pm CST.
10. Only one entry per contestant is permitted.
****If you don't have a blog, no worries, you can put your whole story on the google form. The form will open on April 1st. If you want others to read it too, feel free to post your story in the comments with the link to your gif.***
Ciara O'Neal is a Librarian, a recovering donut-holic, and a twin.